I am pretty sure this is what my dog thinks EVERY day! I also think this is what Belle was thinking this past Christmas... And I have the pictures to prove it... My new favorite website....http://ihasahotdog.com/ Click and enjoy!!
As I was walking down the street today I suddenly realized that it is going to be spring soon. Which is totally crazy if you ask me. It seems like just the other day I was waiting and hoping it would snow on Christmas. And now here we are in late February.
Chris and I have some trips planned for this year that we are hoping to get organized soon. We will be taking a trip to Edmonton at some point in the near future. I have not seen my family for SO long and am excited to go home for a week or two. We would like to take another trip down to Myrtle Beach. We really loved it there and can't wait to go back. That would be sometime in the summer. We also would like to make a trip out to Seattle and spend some time with family and friends there. Then in November for Thanksgiving (American Thanksgiving) we will be heading to Southern California for a week. Chris's sister and husband live in Irvine (south of L.A) so we will be staying with them. Chris's bro and family and his parents will also be there but staying at a Timeshare near Disneyland. I am so excited to go to Disneyland again. This time though we are definitely planning on going down to San Diego to Sea World and stuff. YAY!
Not much else going on around here. Same old boring stuff. Working, watching hockey, drinking wine. We know how to live it up ;)
We have recently discovered that Belle likes to graze on snow the way a cow would do so on grass. It is actually really funny and we found ourselves wondering last night if dogs can get brain freeze?
With the economy in the crapper and Starbucks continuing to lay people off it has us a little concerned with Chris's future with the company. We have spent 4 years in Boston to build towards something and now feel that might not happen. That is really frustrating.
Did anyone watch Chuck in 3D the other night? It wasn't all that great. The episode itself was great as usual but the 3D aspect of it was sorta lame. Maybe it was just the glasses we had, who knows.
I am addicted to facebook. There I said it. Now I can sleep at night knowing I have been honest about it!
Oh on facebook I did a list of 25 random things about me. So here it is for those of you who aren't on facebook.
1. I love brussel sprouts. Weird I know, but I really do. At my 16th birthday party my friend Lori and I had brussel sprouts with cheese sauce, my mum thought we were crazy.
2. I have a phobia of people hiding behind shower curtains. Every time I go to the bathroom at home or at other peoples houses I ALWAYS check behind the curtain just in case.
3. I play the cornet (or trumpet) and have since I was 7 years old. Yes I am a band geek and I totally love it. I don't play as much as I used to and I really miss it. It is one of the few things I am truly passionate about.
4. Most people think I am Canadian but I was really born in Scotland. We moved to Canada when I was three. I never became a Canadian citizen although I am def a Canadian at heart.
5. I have lived in Boston, MA for over 4 years. I don't like it here at all.
6. I love hockey and the Edmonton Oilers so much that I sometimes plan my weekend around games. Sad I know.
7. I have been fortunate to have more than one best friend in my life. Lori, Tania, Tammy, Evette and Georgette are all really important to me. They all hold really special places in my heart and I would be lost without them.
8. I am terrified of flying. I cry every time and don't sleep for almost the whole week before because all I can do is think of all the things I am convinced will go wrong.
9. I used to brag about the fact I had never broken a bone. Then came Winter Weekend at Pine Lake when Ange and I went tubing and made it a few feet, hit a patch of grass, went flying and she landed on my wrist which ended up breaking in three places. It was AWESOME! Remember Ange?
10. A year ago I fell out of a bus and severely sprained my ankle. It was really embarrassing since the bus was full of high school students. Stop laughing, it sucked!
11. I use to hate wine. Then I met Chris's grandma and she pretty much got me drunk on wine the first night I met her and there was no turning back.
12. I love the feeling of being comfortable in silence with a friend. I think it speaks volumes about your connection.
13. I love to write and I want to write a book someday.
14. Even though we aren't ready to have kids, Chris and I have had our kids names picked out for years.
15. I have grown to love the United States. It has its flaws but it has become my home and I will be proud to raise little Americans.
16. I am a dog walker
17. I am planning on going back to school to become a Veterinary Technician. For those of you who don't know what that is it is basically a registered nurse for animals.
18. I have to have water by the bed at night. Even if I don't drink it I need to know it's there just in case.
19. I really really really love chips and salsa from Chili's and love to share them with my person Georgette.
20. I am currently on a journey to try and become healthy again and lose 93 more pounds. If I reach my goal my total weight loss from my highest weight will be 118 pounds.
21. Chris and I both want kids one day but for now love the life we have just the two of us and of course our dog Belle.
22. I want to live in Colorado. It reminds me a lot of home.
23. Going for coffee is one of my favorite things to do.
24. I love getting mail from friends, it makes me smile.
25. I love road trips. I could get in a car and just drive with no destination.