Monday, January 10, 2011

To Run or Not to Run

I used to be a runner. About 15 years ago I ran almost everyday. In the last 10 years the most I have ran is away from bees or inside from a sudden rain storm or lightning strike. That is about to change.

I feel like I have been on a never ending journey to lose weight the last 5 years or so. I lose weight, gain weight, lose weight and then maintain that loss. But the problem is I have a long way to go that maintaining is the exact opposite of what I should be doing. And so I decided that I was going to sign up for and run a 5k. I just started a 9 week training program this past week and I am SO excited. Chris is running it also and we are actually getting a team of about 15 together to run with us. One of those people is a very special friend of mine who is flying all the way from West Virginia just because I asked her to come run with me. How awesome is that?

So whether I want or not I will be running a 5k here in Portland in March. I am excited and nervous.

In the next few months I will be able to stop saying "I used to be a runner" and instead I will be saying "I AM A RUNNER!!"

This is just a step in a journey that is far from over. But for the first time I feel like I am actually excited about what is on the other side. And I just might finally be starting to believe that I CAN do this.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Nice job! I think it will be super fun, especially with friends! Good luck!

Andrea said...

I KNOW you can do it! I am so proud of you, Evey!

Tammy Williams said...

We are looking forward to joining you.