Friday, November 08, 2013

What if the World Ran Out of Cheese?

My love of cheese started early in life. For as long as I can remember I have loved it. I used to eat so much cheese when I was a kid and always wanted it for a snack before bedtime. My dad tried to deter me from doing so by telling me lies. Lies like, "if you eat cheese before you go to bed you will have bad dreams about mice!" I believed him and stopped eating cheese close to bedtime. They really just wanted me to stop eating ALLLLL the cheese.

Cheddar, mozzarella, gouda, feta, swiss. I could go on and on but I won't. You get it, I like cheese. Oh I forgot string cheese, I really like the string cheese. 

When we moved to Oregon, I was introduced the deliciousness of Tillamook cheese. The factory is in Tillamook, Oregon about an hour and 15 minute drive from here.
I love Tillamook cheese. Since we moved here in 2010, we have made many a trip to the factory. I love watching the cheese process from the viewing area. I could probably stand there all day. Maybe I am a total nerd but I find it very interesting.
 
They have a sample area where you can try and handful of different cheeses. The squeaky cheese is apparently a hit with a lot of people. Not with me! Have you ever put squeaking cheese in your mouth? The feel and texture on my teeth is just wrong. Ew! It is basically cheese curds and it is wrong. My favorite cheese is the Tillamook Extra Sharp White Cheddar. Oh my gosh it is delicious!
 Chris and I actually just had grilled cheese sandwiches made with this cheese for dinner tonight. Love it. Some cheese and chocolate with a good glass of wine sounds like a great night to me.
If you ever find your self at the Tillamook Factory be sure to get some ice cream on the way out. Also delicious and well worth the calories. 
Once again I have dropped all sorts of knowledge and wisdom on you. You're welcome.

No comments: