Thursday, December 01, 2005

Is it possible that it is December 1st already!?! I mean really?? Why does it seem like everytime I blink another month has passed....craziness!!

Being that it is December 1st and Chris and I officially finished ALL of our Christmas shopping yesterday I am SO excited and proud of us. You have no idea what an accomplishment this is. I am such a procrastinator and I am the one who is normally running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get everything organized. Not this year....It's all done!! Well I suppose I shouldn't say ALL....Chris and I still need to finish our shopping for each other.....But we have plenty of time for that. But that doesn't count. The stuff we needed to be done was all the stuff for our families back in Seattle and Edmonton so that we can get it shipped out on a decent date. I did a bunch of wrapping last night, now we just need to wait for some things to come in the mail that we ordered online and we will be good to go.

Since I am sitting here blogging it is clear that we did not die of carbon monoxide poisoning....Which is a wonderful thing really. I would have been hacked otherwise. Things are still up in the air with the whole water heater thing, but at least the plumber and electrician were here last night and fixed the fan and we have another detector down here, this time though it's in the ceiling above the water heater so that it will be a little more effective next time. Hopefully there won't be a next time, but thank God for those detectors. But now we have another issue, for some reason now we have no hot water. Which does not make me a happy camper. I had not yet showered yesterday when all of this unfolded so I didn't get to have one. Last night when we got home from shopping I was super happy to know the problem was fixed and we could run the water heater safely and I could have a shower. Well wouldn't you know it...COLD WATER!!! So this morning Chris went in to have a look and noticed the valve for the hot water was turned way down so he turned it up as high as it can go and still NOTHING!!!! BOOOOOO!!! So we are waiting for Alex to get a hold of the plumber and electrician again to get this whole mess figured out. And they better hurry cause I want to freaking have a shower.

Oh and the coolest thing of all is that our landlords felt bad and were thankful that we stuck around yesterday to deal with everyone....The firemen, gas company (twice), plumber, electrician etc, that they are knocking 100 bucks off our rent for this month....SWEET!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO thankful you're all 3 safe and thankful for that alarm! Hopefully you'll start feeling better now, Evey! Got SNOW? It's supposed to snow HERE today, can you believe it?

Jodi said...

I would take 100 bucks off my rent for no shower for two days....well.....maybe! :)

So cool that your landlord did that for you. I hope they fix the water heater soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I was wonder what you've been up to! Sounds like you've had a rough couple days!
~Andrea

Anonymous said...

was "wonderING"! Ha!
~A

Evey said...

Its ok Andrea I understand your grammer, its about as good as mine! haha!

We have NO snow:( They are saying however we are supposed to have a Nor'Easter next week so we are keeping our fingers crossed:)

Alison said...

If it's not one thing it's another. Glad the shopping is all done. That's a huge load off your mind. Now you can just enjoy the season for what it is!