Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mistaken Identity

I have no exciting stories for you from my day. Instead I will share with you this heartwrenching story I read in the news today. Some of you may have heard about this. A month or so ago I remember reading about a horrific car accident in Indiana that took 5 lives of students and staff from a small Christian university. One girl had survived but with very critical injuries. Here are the two stories I read about her today....

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/grief-after-hospital-mixup/2006/06/01/1148956450283.html

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/14710138.htm

The young woman's sister had started a blog to keep everyone updated on the condition of her sister only to find out it wasn't her. www.lauravanryn.blogspot.com

" It is a sorrow and a joy for us to learn of this turn of events. For us, we will mourn Laura's going home and will greatly miss her compassionate heart and sweetness while knowing that she is safe and with her King forever. We rejoice with the Ceraks, that they will have more time on this earth with their daughter, sister, and loved one."

This story made me so sad and I can only think of what that family is going through now realizing their daughter is actually gone. My prayers go out to both of those families involved.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

9 comments:

Dayna Curtis said...

What an unbelievable story! How sad. I can't even imagine...

Thank you for posting this... reminds me how blessed I am!

kristen said...

something similar happened in alberta last year...though it was a much shorter timeframe. I think the girl in the coma ended up dying just a week or so after the accident and just a few days after the mixup was discovered. as has been said before: i couldn't imagine...

Kirst said...

I couldn't help but get tears in my eyes reading that story and the blog. How awful.
I don't know what to say. They have such a strong faith. Wow!

Desiree said...

What a terrible tragedy. It is so sad.

Alison said...

So hard to imagine the emotions the families are dealing with.....

Nicole said...

Wow, so very sad.

Zoe said...

Wow! I cannot believe this story!! I just read it to my parents. I just cannot believe it. I don't know what I would do. I mean, I can't imagine the incredible joy that the other family felt to find out that someone that they thought they had lost was still alive but, then for the family who thought that they were taking care of their loved one. Oh, I just cannot imagine.

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»