Thursday, December 16, 2004

Happy Birthday Mum!!!!

So today would have been my mum's 58th birthday. So I thought it fitting that I write something here about her today. Out of everyday of the year today is probably the day I think of her the most. They say when you lose someone you love over time it becomes easier, which is most definitely true. But you don't ever stop missing them. And I definitely miss my mum everyday. For those of you who knew her, you know what I mean when I say she truly was one of the most generous and caring people. She had a faith and love for God that was so incredibly strong, that even when she was sick and right before she passed away, that love and faith NEVER faltered. Which is something that has helped me so much in my own life. My mum was my best friend, my rock and everything about who she was is who I have always wanted to be. We all lost someone so special and amazing the day she passed away, but what wonderful memories of her we are left with. I could tell you a million stories about her, and about how incredible she was and how blessed I was to have 19 years with her and having the most amazing mother I could have ever hoped for. It is because of her and all she taught me in her life that when I screw up and when things get tough I remember her faith in me and how much she believed in me. So happy birthday mum, we all miss you and love you more than we could ever express. I think about how wonderful it would be to still have you with us...but I know you are in the most amazing place and free of all the pain that you went through. And really, how awesome to be with Jesus.

For some reason one thing that is really sticking out in my mind today was my surprise 16th birthday party that my family planned for me. I remember the look on her face and her making fun of Lori and I when we wanted to have brussel sprouts and cheese sauce instead of all the chips everyone else was eating. It really was funny, a moment though I am sure only Lori can really see the humor in;) For those of you who don't know Lori, she has been my best and most constant friend for so many years. Her and my mum were SO close and Lori was like a daughter to my mum. And just for Lori I must say....don't get mucky dirty and cheerio;)

3 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Mum! Yvonne don't forget your door key!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome tribute to your mom.
Char

Anonymous said...

Yvonne you have truly touched me, you are my little sis, but i think you have grown up.
Happy birthday MUM.
Love Dave