Thursday, June 15, 2006

14 down, 2 to go!!!

When the Oilers lost game 4 on Monday against the Hurricanes I was convinced they were done. And not because I didn't think they were good enough but because for the first time since these playoffs started they looked beat and they looked tired. They looked like a team who had given it's all and there wasn't anything left in the tank. My attitude going into the game last night was that if they won GREAT but I was prepared for a loss.

And so came last night.....The team I had seen lose just a few nights before, the very same team that looked like they had finally ran out of gas was nowhere to be seen. The team that came to play last night was nothing like that team. Andrea I am so glad you got a Costco membership!! They had speed, grit and most of all heart. They knew they had to win last night and win they did. In VERY exciting fashion. Fernando Pisani scored a shorthanded goal in overtime last night and it was AWESOME!!
And so now the series sits at 3 games to 2 in favor of the Hurricanes. I don't know what will happen on Saturday night in game 6. Of course like I stated in my previous post about last nights game I hope the Oilers win. If they don't I will still be the same crazy fan I have always been.

Maybe last nights win means the Oilers make a comeback in this series and bring it all home. Or maybe it means they just get to go home to play in front of their home fans one more time. Either way I guarantee you it will be exciting.

LETS GO OILERS!!!

3 comments:

Kirst said...

Chris has been trying to get Taylor to say Go Oilers but she thinks it's funny to say Go Flames. She doesn't even get it. It is so cute.

Tammy Williams said...

We DVR-ed it so we could fast forward through some of the intermissions parts that we didn't want to see. Well we only set the timer until the END of the game so we didn't catch the overtime period. We were a little ticked, to say the least. Jeremy called his dad to ask the score and I went online. We found out the news at the same time - I thought for sure Carolina was going to win! I guess I will have to wait until game 6 to find out. GO 'CANES!

Kimmie said...

Ha, ha Tammy&Jeremy the best part though is seeing Don Cherry at intermission with his colourful suits, made of assorted household linens... tablecloths, curtains, beadspreads! LOL