Sunday, June 11, 2006

World Cup!

The World Cup has begun! I know that most of our blog readers don't really care for most sports--especially soccer, but I played for most of my childhood and through my teens, so I love the game. The USA has a shot to be very good this tournament, but they are stuck in a VERY hard group with Italy, Ghana, and the Czech Republic. So just to advance past the group stage into the knockout round will be a success.

I am trying to watch every game this time, since we have DVR and they don't start at 2 AM (like in 2002 when they played in Korea). The USA plays Czech Republic tomorrow at noon, but a few of us soccer fans at church are having a get-together to watch the game tomorrow evening. It's gonna be SUPER tough to not hear the result of the game somehow somewhere throughout the day. Not that there are a lot of people that give a crap about soccer in the US, because trust me--there aren't--but mostly because most of the time I listen to sports radio, and they do updates during the day. Well, I guess I'll listen to a lot of this tomorrow--I'm pretty sure I won't hear anything sports related on that station...

On to part 2 of my post. If you remember, a while back I posted that I loved the show Project Runway. On that same note, I just wanted to post that I sew. Yeah, that's right--I said it. I sew. Not well, mind you, but I can patch up the occasional hole or tear. Now--a couple of notes: I am not gay. I am not this guy. Nor this guy. And again, I am not gay. I can just remember taking Home Ec in 7th grade and learning how to sew and cook. (And also taking it for an easy "A", which I got.) My mom also taught me some basics as well. I remember making an apron for my mom. It was completely hideous and poorly constructed, but I'm pretty sure she still has it hanging up in the closet, and uses it as a 4th backup when her 3 regular aprons are dirty. It's thin denim with red trim. Money. Go USA!

5 comments:

Linda MacTravel said...

Have you been in that front closet lately? How did you know that precious apron would still be hanging right there? GO USA! GO OILERS! GO MARINERS!

Kelley said...

Go Deutschland! ( Have to say that for hubby and the in-laws )

fakies said...

Nothing wrong with a guy who sews. Now embroidery, that's another matter! :P

Kimmie said...

I have money riding on Brazil winning it all!

Kimmie said...

I have money riding on Brazil winning it all!