Saturday, September 27, 2008

TV Addicts Unite

Ok, so I wouldn't really call myself an addict. But the technological age we live in allows us the freedom of recording shows on our DVR's and Tivo's and watching them whenever we have time. Ok well maybe I am an addict. But really, who are you all to judge. I know plenty of you are sucked into TV land just as much as I am and some of you are bordering on needing therapy. But I don't judge you, well not too your face anyways.

I always struggle with knowing what new shows to watch. A few reasons perplex me. One being the fact that you just never know what shows will make it. Sadly my heart has been broken oh so many times when a show I had grown to love was cancelled before it even had a chance. Then there is the shows that do make it and you waste your time watching only to realize it SUCKS!

So what am I watching new this TV season you ask?

90210: Yes I realize some of you will mock me for this. But you know what? I really don't care. The original 90210 was an important part of my life for a lot of years. I owe it to the new 90210 to watch it and give it the same chance as the original. Honestly as cheesy as it might be, I like it. Although I have to agree with Kristen those girls need to eat and get some meat on those bones.

Fringe: AWESOME! I love love love this show. It is X-fileish in it's own way. I love the characters, the acting is good and the story lines thus far have been great. I knew I would love this show since it is from the brilliant mind of JJ. Abrams. His track record is pretty darn good...Alias (my fave show ever), Lost and now Fringe.



Returning favorites:

Grey's Anatomy: Chris and I actually just watched the season premiere tonight. I just really love this show. I love that it is a drama but that it is full of one liners that constantly have me laughing. Chris and I laughed so much throughout the episode tonight. I can't seem to look away from this show. What will become of Derrick and Meredith? Will Izzie and Alex end up together? What will happen with Cristina and HOTTIE new guy Kevin McKidd? I look forward to this show all week long and I am SO glad summer is over and it is back.

Lipstick Jungle: My guilty pleasure of the week. I never got into Desperate Housewives. I really don't know why. The premise of the show just never grabbed me enough to want to watch it. But Lipstick Jungle sucked me in from the first preview. You can be sure to find me on Wednesday nights curled up on the couch with a bottle of wine watching it while Chris is off at softball. Now if only I could convince Georgette (HINT HINT) to come over and watch it with me all would be good.

Other shows I have to record on my DVR:

Survivor
CSI
LOST
Private Practice
The Office
Chuck
The Office
ER
Life

How about you? What are you watching this TV season?

10 comments:

Reverend Joyleaf said...

Do you mean Kevin McKidd?

Evey said...

Why yes I do. lol. I was actually talking with someone about my nephew trevor when I was posting this. Funny.

Jodi said...

We watch House and all three CSI's. And we miss quite a few because we don't have a DVR but we are getting one tomorrow. Woohoo!

Kirst said...

I too watch all those shows. I can't seem to not watch 90210. And Fringe is a great show. There are some new good ones.
Hello my name is Kirsten and I'm a tvaholic.

Family Of Five said...

CSI NY, CSI, America's next top model, American Idol, Survivor, Amazing Race, House, Biggest Looser, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, Bachelor, 2 1/2 men, Rules of engagement..... Yippiee for our PVR!
Hello, my name is Shelley and I'm a TV-aholic. :)

Andrea said...

Oh, where to begin!? Well, I of course can't wait for LOST! It's my fave! (Nothing can replace Alias. I'm still sad about that being gone!) Desperate Housewives is premiering as I type this, but I'm DVRing it. I gave up on Grey's Anatomy last season. I thought I might give it another shot this season, but apparently I missed the premier! I'm also looking forward to the premiers of Chuck and Without a Trace. (Love that show!) The only new show that I want to watch (I hate investing in new shows unless they look really good)is "My own worst Enemy"). We of course will be watching the new cartoon network Clone Wars series! (And by "we" I mean the boys.) Oh yeah; I also like Monk and Phych and yes...I also DVR Days of Our Lives. Heehee! I literally grew up watching that show. Isn't that sad? It is pretty lame. Ha! I also must add, what in the world did we do before DRV!? I love not having to plan around tv shows! Whenever I actually get a minute to sit and watch tv, I just put on a show that's been recorded! And skip the commercials! Brilliant! Wow! Long comment! Sorry. ; ) P.S. I also watch Sienfeld and Frasier reruns to fall asleep every night!

Evey said...

Longest comment EVER! You make me so proud ;)

Gave up on Grey's?? You watch DH but you gave up on Grey's? I don't even have words for you...

I secretly record Days and GH! So we are both lame together. I grew up watching both as well.

PandA said...

You're too funny Evey! I also watch the new 90210, secretly. Well, not really, I just watch it when Paul's not home, so he doesn't have to hear it! I am also, for some reason since it's first episode, glued to Gossip Girl. I just can't stay away!

Andrea said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only lame one! Ha! And now that we're now longer closet Days watchers, we can actually talk about it! Ha!

Cupcake Blonde said...

I had to cut a lot from my TV watching. I was just watching too much. Your viewing schedule is almost exactly like mine except I don't do 9021 or Lipstick Jungle and I dropped Private Practice and Pushing Daisies this year because I just didn't have the time. Will catch them on DVD later. And I only added one new show this year and that is Fringe and I agree, AWESOME! Love me some Joshua Jackson. :)

So I watch, Amazing Race, Heroes, How I Met Your Mother, Fringe, CSI, Survivor, Grey's The Office, Supernatural...yes Thursday is my heavy day.