Friday, February 10, 2006

Oh My Brittle Bones

Yesterday I took the train downtown to meet Chris around supper time. I met him at the Starbucks he was at on a job. When I got there I decided I needed to use the bathroom....As I was coming out of the bathroom I decided to turn the light off. I missed the first time so I stuck my hand back in to try again and unfortunately didn't get my hand back out in time and the nice BIG HEAVY door slammed itself on my hand. It was not pleasant. We went to the doctor and he told me I most likely fractured something. Lovely. And of course it has to be my left hand (I'm left handed). Oh well, it's not that bad...I can still do stuff with it I just have to be a little more careful than normal. It could be worse.....Like the time I was at a winter retreat at my church camp and I was tubing and proceeded to break my wrist in 3 places. Now THAT sucked. I am sure Lori remembers spending the day in the ER at the hospital in Red Deer with me. And I am sure Chrissy remembers giving me and Ange that push to get our tube going;) Fun times!

On a different note......Just before Christmas I broke our camera. We sent it into the Fuji repair (on warranty) about a month ago and finally got it back today. YAY!

9 comments:

Tammy Williams said...

That STINKS! I totally remember you having a cast on your arm from Winter Retreat! I don't think I was there that year but I heard all about it. What a nasty fall you must have had! You need to look where you're going, or better yet - go where your looking!

Kelley said...

I hope your arm is better soon!

kristen said...

ouch...
i hope you heal quickly!

Chrissy and Brian said...

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm Sorry!
As soon as I saw the picture I knew my name would be in that post! I have been the cause of to many tobogganing accidents, I wont go anymore!
I hope your arm is better soon!

Family Of Five said...

Oh dear! I am left handed too!! You look lovely...sad, but lovely! Hope your luck gets better real soon! Glad to see you blogging again.... I missed you!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Ouchy! I broke my wrist in three places twice...both right before summer when I was a kid. Didn't make for a fun vacation! Hope you are on the mend soon.

Fern Bourrie said...

Ouch! That hurt. Hope it heals quickly! I've never broken a bone in my body (knock on wood) so I wouldn't know how it feels. But I imagine that it doesn't feel good.

Leslie said...

poor thing! That sucks!

Lori said...

Ha ha ha! I recall that gross angle at which your wrist was bent. Eek, poor you. Hope you fix up fast. Love ya.