Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New World Record!

My wife has set a new world record!!! After speaking with Guiness Book of World Records, she is now officially the youngest person in the history of the world to use a pill reminder box! At 29, she shatters the previous record of Eunice Mabel Enid von Trelchingham, who was 87.
















What a glorious day this is! She is basking in the glow of pill reminderness and looking forward to setting more records....maybe in the category of "Youngest person to take osteoporosis pills" or "Youngest to use Depends" (hopefully the former, not the latter...)

But seriously, my wife is horrible at taking pills. She always asks me, "did I take my pill today?" I'm like, "I have no idea!" Then she says, "I can't remember if I did or not." Then we go through the whole process of taking each individual pill out of the bottle and counting them while remembering when she took the missing ones. Great. Hopefully this pill reminder box will righten the ship...

16 comments:

Andrea said...

LOL! That's awesome!

Miranda said...

hahaha!

Kirst said...

Nice!

Anonymous said...

That is excellent sarcasm, I'm envious. ;)

Reverend Joyleaf said...

Sorry to burst your (her) bubble but my wife has been using one of those since she was 25. She actually has 2 that she uses now. And they're the weekly pill box variety which can be viewed here.

Lori said...

Yvonne you are right on track with loosing your memory! I love it!
I do the same thing..."did I take my pill today? Yesterday? etc. Oh the agony.
So glad you have joined the senoirs of the world:)
Love ya.

Jodi said...

LOL! I would hold out on the "Depends" record setting goal. ;)

Lori said...

Oops sorry I guess I can't spell either.
*Seniors.

Tammy Williams said...

I have thought about getting one of those....although I think Jeremy needs one too. He takes so many vitamins every day that this year's IRON MAN would probably be jealous. I take vitamins, but usually something else to go along with it. Thankfully I do not have some crazy disease or else I would forget to take my pills and it would be BYE-BYE Tammy!

PS. Wait until you get pregnant. Your mind COMPLETELY goes then!

Desiree said...

Yeah sorry I am 27 and have been using one of those for about 2 years. But now I know if I took my vitamin or not. Yes that is even crazier, using a pill reminder box for prenatal vitamins!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I love it, Chris!

Although, I'll say this: I'm a big fan of using whatever props you need to get the job done. If it works, who cares how it looks? I'm okay with pills, but not with hauling home all the things I end up buying when I take a trip uptown. I'm thinking of buying one of those old lady wire carts with wheels. While I know at my age, there is no way I am the youngest, I'll still insist it's way before it's time!

Shelley said...

TOO FUNNY! I should get me one of those! Now don't forget your Centrum Silver, kay? Happy New Year to you both!

Zoe said...

LOL!! That is soooo funny!! I am actually the same way about forgetting if I have taken my pills. I finally started marking it on my calender . . . as much as I love overdosing. HA ha!

But, umm, let's work on keeping Evey out of the depends!

Leslie said...

hee hee hee

Alison said...

Oh please no depends yet!!!!

Cupcake Blonde said...

I hate to break it to you but I had to get a pill reminder box last year when I started on all my crazy medications (five different pills a day)...

I was 28.