Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hope everyone had a great weekend, I am a little behind as usual but really what else did you expect!?!

Chris was on call this past weekend so we really didn't do a lot. Friday night we went out to watch the game at The Sports Depot, our friends Chris and Kellie came and met us there and we had a fun evening. Saturday Chris worked pretty much all day so I stayed home and got some stuff done around here. He worked on Sunday as well so again I stayed home. Sunday night we watched The Island which we both really enjoyed. Thanks to Andrea for recommending it:)

Last night we went to Applebees to sit in their bar to watch the Avs/Stars game and we will be back there this evening to watch the Oilers/Red Wings game. Lets go Oilers!! It sucks we can't watch it at home, but at least they have 2 dollar draft and half price appetizers after 9pm.

We have a serious mouse problem. I understand this is an old house but I just don't think our landlords are taking all measures to deal with this problem. Maybe they don't mind mice eating their dog food, walking on their stuff and POOPING on the floor. I however have a problem with it. We are going to pick up some more mice traps tonight, if that doesn't work we will be talking to them about it again because I am sick of it. And I am sick of Belle hearing them in the middle of the night and waking us up from a dead sleep barking at them. I am bound to have a freakin heart attack one of these times.

A few weeks ago we noticed it started smelling like cigarette smoke in our bathroom. It is so odd. It doesn't smell like that anywhere else in our house, and there is not even a window or vent in that bathroom so it is not like it could be coming in from outside. It is SO weird. We don't smoke, our landlords don't smoke....Maybe it's the mice. lol

My mother in law left for Great Britain yesterday. As we speak she is in Edinburgh Scotland where she will be for 7 days before she heads to other destinations in England. I would explain exactly what she is doing over there but I am afraid I would get it wrong. So be sure to check her blog from time to time over the next month as she will be updating as she can while she is over there. Being that I was born in Scotland and have not been back since we moved to Canada when I was three I am slightly jealous she is there:)

9 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

There is a pack of mice living in your walls going through a pack of Camels a day...

I could barely type that out I'm laughing so hard at the image in my head right now! :)

Desiree said...

Ooh I hate mice. We live on a farm, but luckily not much mice around, but we also have a gazillion cats too. We did however have a bat in our house once. I walked around our house, in the middle of a blazing hot summer, for three days with a hoodie on cause I was afraid of more being around. Luckily there wasn't.

Anonymous said...

uugh...our apartment smells like cigarettes. it's horrid. we were under the impression that it was a non-smoking building. but i really don't think it is enforced...
it's gross.

~K

Jenn said...

When we put out our traps, we found that using peanutbutter instead of cheese worked better. It has a stronger smell to attract them. I just hate mice.

Andrea said...

That SUCKS! I can't believe your landlords aren't taking it more seriously! Keep us posted about your chain smoking mice!

Miranda said...

Mice? ewwww! Isabelle is terrified of mice. They don't bother me but I wouldn't want them in my house.

Evey said...

Hey Andrea, we can't call in Dog the Bounty Hunter...the mice would have to be doing "ice" for him to come. lol. As he always says "NO ICE IN PARADISE" lol

Alison said...

Nasty little problem huh? I still say get a cat!

Evey said...

My dog would eat the cat...lol. Plus Chris is allergic:)