Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Interview Me

Ok so I am sure plenty of you have seen this meme around blogs. I was silly enough to ask Carly to interview me and I feel the pressure to come up with some great witty answers. No promises, but here goes......

1. What was the hardest habit to give up after you were married? I think we all have those annoying habits that drive our significant other crazy. There are a couple however that possibly drove Chris batty. I would not say I have completely conquered these habits but I try. The first one is putting the lid back on the toothpaste. I have always been horrible about this, I don't do it on purpose it is just the way it is. Chris has resorted to only buying toothpaste with the attached flip caps. Even then sometimes I don't close it, but in the 2 1/2 years we have been married I have come a long way. The second one is replacing the empty toilet roll with a new one. It's funny because I have always usually got a new roll out, just never put it where it belongs. This is another thing I have gotten much better at but I still have my moments, but I try hard.

2. As part of Courtney's Blog-Off For Breast Cancer, how have you found the experience so far? Which has been your favourite word to post about? Have you learned anything from the exercise? I have enjoyed being part of the blog off. I definitely thought coming up with posts for most of the words to date would have been easier than it it has been. My favorite word?? Well, it's funny that I struggled so hard to write my post on the word Clarity and now that I look back on my posts I realize it has been one of my favorites. I also had a lot of fun with my post on the word Golden. Have I learned anything you ask? I think I have, I have always known I like to write but I tend to get discouraged easily and not have a lot of confidence in my own abilities. Taking part in the blog off has given me a renewed love for writing and I am excited about that.

3. You and Chris have talked about wanting to move ever since the moment I met you. What is it about Boston that you dislike the most? At the same time, it must have some strong points. What's your favourite thing about it? While Boston is a beautiful city to visit, it is a horrible place to live. At least in our opinion. It is horrendously expensive, it is old, the houses are old, the drivers suck, their is possibly nothing more annoying on this planet than most Boston sports fans and the people in general are just not nice. A lot of it is just being on the east coast, people are different out here, the way of life is different out here. But if I had to pick what I dislike the most it would definitely have to be the people and how they are just obnoxious and rude. That's hard. Their are however some things I do like about living here. Living in New England offers you a unique opportunity to travel to and from 6 different states (Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Connecticut) within an hour. It really is beautiful once you get out of the city. We love to just go for drives and enjoy the scenery. We will definitely miss that the most when we leave. I also love being so close to New York City.

4. What is one phrase you've noticed coming out of your mouth more often than any other? This is an interesting question to ask me because the answer definitely changes from time to time. Lately I have been saying "suck it" a lot. I actually got that from an episode of Scrubs (best show ever) where another surgeon said to Turk (Donald Faison) "suck it Turk!" Ever since, I cannot stop saying it, just ask Carly. I tend to say "first of all" a lot, usually when Chris and I are arguing. he he.

5. You guys are coming to stay with me and Aaron this summer. What's one thing we should probably know to prepare for your arrival?
I can't really think of anything you should be afraid of, at least not anything you need this long to prepare for. The only other thing I can think of is Chris's deadly cat allergy, but you already know this. All we ask is that the cats don't get in to where we will be sleeping for a few days before we arrive. You also know about Chris's deadly nut and fish allergies, so all I ask really is that you don't kill my husband. lol.


And there you have it folks. Carly I hope you are more than satisfied with my answers, if not you can SUCK IT!! Now if any of you out there would like to play along.....

1.Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2.I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3.You will update your weblog with the answers to the questions.
4.You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5.When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Dare I say...? "Interview me!" Please don't make me regret this! Haha!

Jodi said...

Oooo ooooo! Pick me! Pick me! :)

Interview me!

Are you two planning to move anytime soon or is it just a long term idea? I have never been to the east coast. I would love to come see all the rude people some day. :)

Family Of Five said...

Mike has those same habits!!! :) Toilet paper roll.... and yes, I too now buy the flip cap toothpaste!

Sketti said...

Well...I'd say "Interview Me!" but you're the only one who reads my blog so that's where it would end!

Andrea with the Flipflops said...

Very interesting. It was nice to get to know you and Chris even more!

Lucy Stern said...

Very nice.......

Before you say, "Suck It" one more time just try to invision what it means..

QueenieCarly said...

Okay, it still cracks me up every single time you or I say SUCK IT! I had no idea where it came from, I just thought it was yours.

I hadn't even realized that I'd asked your favourite Blog-Off word. That was interesting. I really liked Golden as well. I enjoyed Privacy too. I'm just glad you joined in! I've really enjoyed using prompts to write. It's a big challenge sometimes (like TODAY!), but it's a good exercise.

Your description of Boston made me kind of want to make it there before you guys leave. Everybody says that people are rude in Paris and I loved them for it. I get extremely annoyed by the friendly factor around here. And being that close to all those places? Sounds pretty enticing!

And we'll have to talk about the cat thing. That's all I'm saying.