Monday, October 31, 2005

The Great Pumpkin Adventure

I am such a slacker....Last week went by kinda fast, I didn't even realize it had been so long since my last post. I wish I had something super fun and exciting to tell you to make up for the lack of posting. But I don't really think I do, so you will just have to take what you get;)

Chris was on call this weekend and we were dog sitting for our landlords so we stuck around here, we usually do when Chris is on call. Belle always enjoys when we dog sit because it means more time than usual for her to be able to play with the girls.

Friday night Chris and I decided to carve our pumpkins. We tried to go to a pumpkin farm last weekend, but when we got there it was super lame. So Wednesday night we went to a local nursery and got our pumpkins. We didn't start carving them till pretty late, so by the time we carved them and cleaned up all our mess it was like 4 am.

Chris worked so hard on his pumpkin and he was so proud of it. He did a really good job, it took him at least 2 hours. He went online and got a Seahawks logo and printed it out and taped it to his pumpkin and then went about the tedious task of making all the little marks in the pumpkin so he knew where to make all the cuts and everything. I actually carved 2 pumpkins. One was just a normal Halloween pumpkin and then I did an Oilers logo, mine was much easier than his though. Not nearly as much work.

Saturday was a lazy relaxing day. We didn't really go anywhere...I did laundry and that was about it. We were going to take all 3 girls for a nice walk Saturday evening. But the weather had different plans. Around 4pm or so I looked out the window and noticed it was snowing. Since I LOVE the snow this made me very very very excited. Even though I knew it wasn't going to last through the night and that when I woke in the morning it would all be gone I was still so excited to see some beautiful snow.

Saturday night we got Chinese food and watched Bewitched with Will Ferrell and Nicole Kidman...it was cute, and as usual Will Ferrell was awesome. Sunday was much the same as Saturday, except Chris was gone on a couple of service calls for most of the afternoon. Today I had lunch with a friend and then we spent the afternoon walking around downtown. I would say we were shopping, but we didn't end up buying anything. And now here I sit FINALLY posting this, aren't ya'll relieved it is finally here;)

Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween, don't eat too much candy.......And now I am off to catch up on all my blog reading that I have totally been slacking on.

10 comments:

Angie's Angle said...

The pictures of you and Belle looking outside are so very cute. I have some like that with Rascal...either me looking outside with him, Jason, or the kiddies. hehe I swear we have a lot of the same pictures of our doggies. Its funny!

And oh my goodness, your pumpkins turned out so great. It looks like you both had a fun time carving them too. :)

Cupcake Blonde said...

Nice to have you back! Missed you! I loved the pictures of you and Belle looking out the window, so cute. Especially the one of her looking at you like "And why are we doing this?" Cute!

My mother called me Saturday and said it was snowing and asked when she could move in with us! :)

Family Of Five said...

Yah!!!! I love the pictures!! Mike should have done a Canucks pumpkin... lot's of work, but they look great!

Tammy Williams said...

Cool Pictures. Nice pumpkins too. I can't wait to do more next Halloween. I love carving them - probably because I never did as a child.
Looks like you're having fun with that camera!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pumpkins!
Char J

Lori said...

Oh my gosh! What a lot of work on those pumpkins. Good job!
I miss chatting with you...hope to be back online soon.

Alison said...

Glad you have returned!

The pumpkins are amazing!

I'm not quite ready for snow but it does look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my adventure bounce site.
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my adventure race site.
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my adventure world site.
Have a great day!