Saturday, October 08, 2005

Hockey Night in Canada

It's back and you know Chris and I spent the evening tonight watching hockey. It's the best day of the week....it really is.

Tonight both Chris and I are happy campers....his Avalanche beat the Dallas Stars 3-2. Colorado's rookie backup goalie started tonight and he looked awesome.

The important game of the night though was of course was the Canucks at my Oilers. After a very stressful 3rd period of watching both teams take penalty after penalty and Vancouver managing about a gazillion 5 on 3's. It sucked supreme when the Canucks took the lead late in the 3rd on the power play. I had all but given up till we got a power play late and Raffi Torres scored with 20 seconds left. PHEW!!! Was I excited.....then came overtime. Overtime stresses me out, you should ask Chris, I am always a mess. lol. No goal in overtime and so came the shootout. Now here I am thinking well we are screwed.....you got Naslund AND Bertuzzi going for the Nucks, you gotta figure that's at least ONE goal. But NOOOOOOOO The Juicer shut them down. Raffi and Hemsky scored for us in the shootout and we won the game 4-3. I am a very very HAPPY camper.

I am SO SO SO sorry to all my friends out there who love their Canucks. But you all need to EAT IT!!! ;) You gotta admit it was a great game. Hockey Night in Canada couldn't have asked for a better game tonight. But we still won and I am happy happy happy:) THANK GOD we played Markkanen tonight....I think if Ty was in net the Canucks would have won that game long before it was over.

Alright it is past my bedtime, I am outta here.....hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

4 comments:

Family Of Five said...

Yah Yah..... Mike goes "Stupid new rule!"
A very close game indeed!

Family Of Five said...

oops.... I think that was supposed to be Ya Ya.... not Yah Yah (It's late.... past my bedtime!)

Evey said...

Stupid or not....tis how it is:)

Plus it wasn't no stupid rule that stoned Naslund AND Bert in the shootout. Or the fact that Cloutier looked foolish in the shootout:)

Anonymous said...

Well one battle won for the Oilers but the Canucks will win the war!!! I always hate when Canadian teams play each other.. If they play the US teams is easy to cheer for them even if they are the Oilers.