Sunday, April 20, 2008

Evey's Special Day

That's what Chris called it because I was so excited to go, just like a little kid:)

We had a great day. The weather was beautiful in the 70's most of the day. The drive was so pretty. We had never been to Vermont before and scenery was so pretty. Although Chris did make a good point that it will probably be much prettier once summer arrives and everything is in full bloom and green.

The drive up there took us a little over 3 hours. We stopped on the way though to have a picnic lunch. It was great to sit outside and eat with the sun shining and looking out at the green mountains. Not quite the mountains I am used to back home in Alberta but they were mountains regardless even if they were mini.
The factory itself was fun. The tour was only 30 mins long and was a bit of a bummer because they weren't actually making ice cream that day. We did get to see the big ole room where they do everything though and that was neat. I just wish there had actually been people working and we could have seen the ice cream on the conveyor belts and stuff. Oh well, maybe next time. We got to sample some YUMMY mint chocolate chunk ice cream. Chris of course pushed to the front of the line with all the little kids. We tried to assure him the ice cream in the back tasted the same as the ones in the front. He didn't seem to care, he wanted the ones in the front. And I'm the little kid? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!

After we left Ben and Jerry's we hit up a cute little cheese shop--Cabot Cheese. We ate LOTS of cheese samples and bought some goodies. After that we decided to take a drive through the state capital of Vermont--Montpelier. Chris commented that growing up he never would have imagined himself driving through Montpelier, Vermont. I have to agree with him, one of those random places you never think you will go. Especially with my being from Western Canada and him the Western USA. Just goes to show that you never know where life will take you.

4 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

Now I want some ice cream!

I love how Belle looks like she is smiling in all her photos. Such a happy puppy!

Andrea said...

I love your cute little matching lunch boxes! Sounds like a fun day!

CunninghamRules!! said...

Evey- I was just reading some of your old posts...are you kidding me about NKOTB, I STILL know all the moves, and I waited all week in anticipation of the friday night videos of them (remember friday night videos?) heheehee. So, anyway, I totally thought Joey was cute too, but I pretended not to like them back in the day. I was a HUGE George Michael fan too, God he was sexy... but I digress, did you see my latest post, I went to your fave place... Chuck E. Cheese's...

Anonymous said...

I went to the Ben and Jerry's factory on my birthday one summer...one of the best days EVER!
And Cabot cheese...delicious. I have some in my fridge right now and I am very much enjoying it.
I love Vermont...it looks just like the movies.