Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cock-a-doodle-doo

So there is this house about 5 mins up the road from us that we sort of walk past on our walks with Belle. I think the people who live there think they live on a farm or maybe they run a petting zoo that I just don't know about. Anyways, we have seen goats in their front yard before. I am not lying they really have goats. Which I suppose isn't that odd except for the fact we live in a residential neighborhood. It's not like we are out in the country people.

So a few weeks ago Chris and I are walking Belle after dark. Although I suppose it could have only been 5 pm since it is dark so early these days. And all of a sudden we hear COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!! What the? It is evening, it is dark and we are in a residential neighborhood and there is a rooster crowing. It was funny. We are assuming it is from the same house as the goats. I mean what are the chances there are more houses with random farm animals?

So now almost daily without fail we will be walking Belle and hear the crowing of our friend the rooster. I think I will name him Rusty. Must suck to be their neighbors.

3 comments:

anonymoose said...

rusty cock?

Evey said...

seriously Smiley? FILTER

Andrea said...

Ha ha! Funny!