Monday, March 19, 2007

Blog off for Breast Cancer

So since I am a big blogger slacker it was suggested by my friend Carly over at http://queeniecarly.typepad.com/ a while back that we challenge each other to blog something each day. She posted about it on her blog and in her comment section and idea was born that I am very excited to be a part of. Carly's friend Courtney is participating in the Breast Cancer 3 Day (http://www.the3day.org/site/pp.asp?c=pmL6JnO8KzE&b=2182495) for the second time to help raise money for breast cancer in honor of her mom. The idea was to have a "blog off," each participant would pay 10 dollars to enter and would be required to post something each Wednesday. Everyone would choose a topic. Each post would be about that topic and then ranked by the other participants. People will be eliminated each week until there is one blogger left standing. There are (I think) 19 participants so that makes the total pot 180 dollars. Half the pot (90) will go to the winning blogger and the other half will go to Courtney's fundraising. We start this Wednesday and I am excited to be a part of it even if it only ends up being for one week. The breast cancer issue is close to my heart as my mom had it and later had it return in another form which eventually took her life.

I know that it is too late for any of you to join in on the blog off itself but if you would like to still help support Courtney's fundraising effort please go to her 3Day page here....https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202295&supid=125459871 and leave her a donation.

If there are any of you that really would like to enter the blog off let me know in the comment section and I will see if we can squeeze you in as a last minute contestant.

You will also notice I have changed our blog background. During the duration of the "blog off" I will leave this background up. I will post a link on the side to all the blog off participants.

7 comments:

Kelley said...

That is a terrifc idea Evey, good luck!

Anonymous said...

You're so great for posting about this, Evey! Thanks!

Sherry said...

Hey there! Just thought I would swing by and say happy blogging!

Tammy Williams said...

This is an important fundraiser to be apart of. Jeremy's aunt had breast cancer and beat it and now they do the race for the cure in Seattle. We are thinking of joining her this year.

QueenieCarly said...

Great post Evey! I'm so ecited that you decided to join us! This is going to be a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Good for you and GOOD LUCK!
Can i suggest that you make your font bold for the blog-off? It's kinda tough to read with all the ribbons flying around. (they are pretty ribbons though...)

Sketti said...

Such a great idea! Good luck Evey...and I sponsored Courtney for her walk!