Sunday, January 29, 2012

Diners and Drives

One of my favorite things to do is to just get in the car and go for a drive with no destination. Chris, on the other hand likes a plan. He likes to know where he is going and how long it is going to take to get there. Fortunately he is willing to bend his rules once in a while.

Yesterday afternoon we were just sitting around and I suggested we go for a drive and get something to eat a little diner we had just seen on the latest episode of Little People Big World. Chris agreed and we headed out with the dog and headed out to the country. It is just so darn pretty here, I really love it. I could drive around for hours and hours and never tire of the scenery.

After about an hour of driving and chatting we ended up at our lunch/dinner destination the Cruise In Country Diner. Just a little hole in the wall place that was so good. I actually tried buffalo for the first time and it was really good. I had the buffalo burger and Chris enjoyed a chili burger. We will definitely be going back.


I didn't take any pictures on our drive, which is odd for me. But we did snap the picture above of these guys getting their coffees at the diner to go.

After eating we headed to a regular spot for walking Belle and then ended our adventure with some ice cream treats. I love afternoons like that.

What is everyone else up to this weekend?.

1 comment:

BecMama said...

We love to cruise around too with no plans, though it is harder now that 2 rug rats tag along. Awesome pic of the cowboys getting their coffee! We had a busy weekend of swimming lessons, wrestling matches, nature walks, and dinner with family. Ready to relax tonight with watching Sherlock Holmes on PBS Masterpiece Mystery!