Monday, March 27, 2006

Chris and I are both sports nuts. While I love hockey, baseball and football I am not a fan of basketball, even soccer is iffy for me unless it is some sort of big championship game or something. However, with that being said there is something about "March Madness" that brings out the college basketball fan in me that doesn't exist the other 11 months of the year. It's the oddest thing. Friday night we stayed home to watch the University of Washington Huskies take on the University of Connecticut Huskies. We of course were cheering for Washington. It was a really good game but in the end Uconn won it in OT. Boooooo!

Before we watched the game on Friday we took Belle to a new park we found. We liked it because not only did it have nice walking and bike paths all over but it also had trails through the trees and stuff. They also had 2 huge fenced in tennis courts so that we could take Belle off leash and let her run.

Earlier in the day Friday I met some friends for lunch at a Mexican restaurant down in Harvard Square. It was our friend Lucy's birthday so me, Becca, Amy and Georgette took her out to lunch.

Saturday was about as exciting as Friday night. We stayed home most of the day. I decided it was the perfect day to have a nice soak in the tub and finish the book I had been currently reading. I got my candles lit and in the tub I went. After quite some time had gone by I reached up to grab my water and at the same time somehow one of my candles fell behind me into the tub. And there went HOT purple wax all over my butt. LOL!! Boy did that hurt. Later that evening we watched both the Oilers and the Avs games. I really am so happy that the Oil took it too the Canucks 6 out of 8 times this season. I can't stand those pesky Canucks so it felt great:)

Sunday was more of staying home and doing nothing. Chris got this new soccer game on PS2 so he spent a lot of time playing that. Sunday night the Oilers and the Avs played each other and luckily for me the Oilers won the game in a shootout.

So there ya have it....Not very exciting this weekend. But we liked it that way since the 2 before we were going non stop. I hope everyone is having a great Monday!!

4 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

I'm sorry, but I just had to laugh about the hot wax because the exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago...except mine was down the front, not the back! Ouch!

Tammy Williams said...

Oh dear...The only wax incident I remember was when my mom bought me this beautiful black and gold dress for Christmas. We were standing in church holding our candles at the Christmas Eve Candlelight service and the wax dripped on my brand new dress. I did everything when I got home to get it out, but nothing worked. I think I cried for days:(

Glad to hear you found a nice walking trail. I love the outdoors - we can't get enough of it!

Robin said...

We like our weekends a bit on the "not too exciting" side too. And the purple wax on your butt, the visual will be with me for ever Evey!

Zoe said...

You guys are so made for each other!! :) I love hearing about all of the things that you do together. I wish that I could say that I was a sports fan. It is not that I don't like sports, Sterling and I just don't get into them as much. But, I will say that this past fall my friends got me into Fantasy Football. I LOVED it!!!! Not only did I learn so much about football doing it, but I came in third place!!! :) Maybe there is hope for me yet.