Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Embracing a New Year!

I know I have not really been blogging lately, but this time my reasons really are good ones. Aside from the fact I really haven't had the time, our computer rarely works. Right now is one of the rare times it will run for like an hour or so. Lately it barely even loads windows. We are going to pick up a new hard drive this weekend and see if that is the problem.

It is hard to believe it is 2005 already. First Christmas came SO fast this year, then it was New Years before we knew it and then in the same breath it was my birthday. Crazy I tell you!! I turned 27 this week which totally floors me considering I can remember my 16th birthday like it was yesterday. How time flies in our lives. I am not one of those people who stresses about getting older, I am just amazed at how fast the years seem to be rushing by.

The beginning of a new year is an exciting time I think for most of us. For me I love the excitement of the unknown a new year can and will bring. This past year had its ups and its downs. The ups were wonderful, the most important one being on Sept 12, 2004 which is the day Chris and I were married. And a week later we were on the road to Boston to start a new chapter in our lives together. Moving to Boston has been amazing, neither one of us were sure what would be in store for us here or that we would even like it here. But we LOVE it, the city is amazing, we have met some wonderful people and we are so happy. As for the downs, there were a few...but it is those experiences in our lives that teach us, that help us grow and help us become better people. The good thing is that God is very faithful and no matter how much we screw up or stumble he is always there to pick us up and brush us off. We are so very blessed.

As for this coming year...I embrace the unknown, and I embrace the possibilities and I look forward to what may be in store for us. I look forward to whatever blessings God will bring, and I am thankful for what experiences await us...the good or the bad. And I am so thankful to have a wonderful husband to step into this New Year with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Yvonne!!!
Hugs!!!!!!!!!!
Char