Friday, April 28, 2006

The 19th Hole

As mentioned earlier, yes I did go golfing today. I golfed at Newton Commonwealth Golf Course with some friends from other Starbucks stores. Now, I haven't golfed a real round in about 5 years...all the way back to 2001 which is when I broke my left elbow. After which I broke my right one. But I digress.

Basically, I didn't think that my game would be very good. Suprisingly enough, overall I played pretty well. In fact, tee to green I was somewhat solid. But my putter deserted me. Clearly in the 5 years since I've played a real round of golf, my touch and reads on the greens had left me. Yes, I did use Evey's bag (hers is nice and black and mine is a 10-year old red eyesore) and yes, I did use Evey's driver too (hers is nice and new with a graphite shaft and mine is old and ghetto). As it turned out, I really killed the ball with her driver! I shot a 48 on the front 9 with way too many putts, but putted a little better on the back 9 with a 43, so I carded a 91. I beat my buddies by at least 10 strokes, which I was not expecting to do. Heck, I wasn't even expecting to break 100. So I'll take it!

2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Well done Chris! That's good golfing!

Bryan said...

You were able to golf on a Friday - I envy you. I can't even line it up for the weekend.