Monday, November 07, 2011

Finding Beauty in Your Fears

Sept 19, 2006 6:35am

I have been talking about my fears of heights and flying in my blog posts lately. I took the above picture back in 2006 on a red eye flight back to Boston from Seattle. As much as I hate to fly, it is moments like the one captured in this photo that I'm reminded that if I let my fears win then I miss out on amazing things such as this. Watching the sunrise from the window of a plane 30 some thousand feet in the air is an experience you cannot replicate anywhere else. It was amazing, and perhaps one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. In this moment I had no fear, I was just in awe of the beauty outside the window. I am not sure I have ever been more at peace in a place I am normally so on edge and afraid.

If you have never had the joy of watching a sunrise on a plane, I encourage you the next time you fly to make sure you are awake to take it in. I promise you, it will be worth it. 

2 comments:

Donna said...

awesome shot! :)

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing picture. I can't remember if I've ever seen a sunrise from a plane.

I'm so glad you're remembering the pay off for putting yourself out there and experiencing your fears instead of letting them get the best of you!