Sunday, November 03, 2013

I Dream of Genie...

I love the fall TV season. Its a return of all your favorites that you have been waiting to watch all summer long and find out what's going to happen next. It is also a time to try out the new shows the networks throw out each year to try and reel you in. This TV season it seems like the networks have all thrown out a ton more new shows than normal. We recently upgraded to the new DirecTV Genie which is a DVR that allows us to record up to five shows at once, or four shows while watching another. We initially upgraded so hockey season wouldn't interfere with our regular TV watching. Turns out it has actually been a great thing to have with all the new shows. In addition to all the shows we already watch, there were a lot of the new shows we wanted to try out.

I am thankful that I have a husband who likes a lot of the same shows that I do. Makes for nice evenings on the couch after dinner watching all our favorites. Our top shows would have to be "Modern Family," "Psych," "How I Met Your Mother," "Person of Interest," "Revolution," "Parks and Rec," and "Grey's Anatomy." Of course there are many more shows on that list, but those stand out as favorites.
Out of all the new shows on the fall lineup, I think the one that we have enjoyed the most is "The Blacklist." Its a fantastic show. I have never really been a big James Spader fan but he is just SO good in this. That and "The Goldbergs" has consistently made us laugh so far. The reference to all things 80's cracks me up. Love it.
 What's on your DVR's this fall season--new or old?

No comments: