Saturday, November 16, 2013

My Name is Evey and I am a Crusher

Aggravating, annoying, frustrating, exasperating, infuriating, trying, vexatious, irksome, tormenting, incommodious, rebarbative.

Need I go on? What--you ask--could possibly make me start off a blog post with such words? Some of which are so big that you are probably all "awed and amazed" at how I even know them. Well...truth be told...I don't. Three of those words I have never heard of--that's what thesaurus.com is for. (You can guess which words.) However, the answer to the question is simple. Three simple little words: CANDY CRUSH SAGA! More specifically Level 147, which I have been stuck on for going on two months now. TWO !@#$% MONTHS!
Candy Crush sucks you in by looking fun and happy, and it makes fun noises when you get candy matches. "TASTY," it says. "SWEET!" And it is tasty and sweet...at first. But then...the addiction kicks in. The Candy crushing addiction. You need to play. You play it on your phone, your laptop and your tablet. Any electronic device you can get your hands on. You must crush candy at all available times. But as much as you love it, there are those levels that you get to--and no matter what you do, no matter how you crush the candy--you just can't conquer. But you keep going back. You will prevail. One day. Maybe.

I don't know how many more days, weeks, or months I will be trying to pass Level 147. But when I do, there will come another level I cannot pass. And so goes the vicious cycle.

Congratulations to the makers of Candy Crush. You are crushing my soul one animated candy at a time. But I love you, so I forgive you. But I hate you. But I love you. Flip a coin.

No comments: