Friday, November 01, 2013

To Blog or Not to Blog...

Well well. Here we are again. November has creeped up on us and that only means one thing...NaBloPoMo ! That is "National Blog Posting Month" for those of you non-bloggers who don't speak our cool lingo. The idea of it is to challenge yourself to blog everyday for an entire month. The blog roll ends up consisting of well over a thousand bloggers. This of course allows us to expand our horizons, and see what is going on out there in the blogosphere. You never know who you might meet. And at the end of the day isn't that the whole point of blogging? To share a little bit of yourself with the world and see what everyone else has to share in return.

Truth be told, I have always liked blogging. Back in 2004, it started as a way to keep our families up to date on the comings and going of our adventures when we moved out east to Boston. I have gone through phases with this blog. I have gone a year or more at times without posting something new. Somehow though, I always find my way back. So once again--here we are on Nov 1st. Once again I have committed to entertaining you daily for the next month. Once again you get to read all the ramble and look at all the photos I throw your way. Granted, you don't have to read, but hopefully you will. I can actually be entertaining sometimes, I promise.

What better way to get things started than to post pictures of mine and Chris' awesome costumes that we wore simply for the purpose of entertaining the children who come to the door! Well okay AND because it is fun and we--er, I mean--I like to dress up. 3 years ago I decided I was going to be Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba and Chris dressed up as Eric Wedge, the manager of the Mariners at the time. 
   
  Last year I was Princess Peach (from Mario Brothers) and Chris was a Doctor. Dr. Sebastien Presseaux to be exact...just wait...you'll get it...once you know he fixes espresso machines.
This year may have been the best yet. Chris decided he was going to be Willie from Duck Dynasty. His search for a wig and beard was a little challenging, but he finally found one. They were a little on the curly and bushy side but they did the trick. A flag bandana, sunglasses and a checkered shirt completed the ensemble and he was a hit. So many kids saw him at the door and yelled "Willie." He was an even bigger hit with all the parents. Ha!
As some of you may know, I LOVE animated movies. One of my favorites are the Despicable Me movies. And boy do I love those minions. They make me very very happy. So of course I was a minion. So fun.
 
The kids that came to our house loved it! I loved it! We had a fun time. After candy time was over we headed out to Applebees for a late dinner, costumes and all. And no I am not embarrassed one bit to venture into the world dressed as a yellow minion. Hope everyone had a happy and fun night. Until next year...or apparently til tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a blog inspiration Maybe I'll try it , too. I think I'm already off to a bad start thought- it's now 11/2. Keep on writing. You're very good. Diana