Sunday, November 10, 2013

Lights! Camera! Blog Post!

I love movies. I don't watch them or go to them nearly as often as I would like. A lot of that is due to the fact that even though Chris enjoys movies, getting him to go to one is sometimes like pulling teeth. Fortunately we like a lot of the same types of movies--but even when we don't, he will still go see movies with me that he maybe wouldn't see otherwise. He probably wouldn't deny that he has been known to enjoy a chick flick--or two--in his day. One that comes to mind off the top of my head is Serendipity with John Cusack.
Only a handful of movies have ever had me excited enough to "count down the months" until it will be released in theatres. For example, the Lord of The Rings trilogy were the three movies I was probably most excited for while awaiting them to open. It will be hard to ever replace these as three of my favorite movies of all time.
                               
A few months before the first Hunger Games movie was released in theatres, I read the trilogy after reading review after review of how good the books are. I usually tend to steer clear of books that fall in the 'young adult' category, but I finally gave in and read them. I think I read all three books in less than a month! I loved every single word and I was sad when I was done because I didn't want the story to end. Naturally when the movie opened, Chris and I went to see it. Other than a minor malfunction with my new contacts--one of which came out mid movie...and we couldn't find it till the movie was done when we had light to search--I ended up watching the final hour of the movie all wonky eyed. Regardless, I loved it.
On November 22, the second movie Catching Fire comes out. We will likely wait a week or two and go see it late one Tuesday night, so we can avoid crowds (and only pay $5.) Either way I will be counting down the days. I am very very excited!

No comments: